What you need to do this month in your garden.
1) Divide and transplant perennials, like iris, daylilies, shasta daisies and phlox.
2) Fertilize Trees and shrubs.
3) Prepare garden beds for spring planting. Add compost and begin planting spinach, potatoes, onion sets and other cole crops.
4) Cover and protect tender plantings from frost and freeze with row covers.
5) Begin in late April to harden off
your vegetable seedlings http://gardensonthego.com/hardening-off-seeds/ to prepare for planting outdoors.
6) Begin feeding and apply a systemic fungicide for roses to control blackspot when roses begin to show leaf growth.
7) Plant pansies and spring container gardens.http://gardensonthego.com/spring-into-gardening-with-containers-2/
8) Prune nonflowering shrubs and lightly shear evergreens.
9) Clean up perennial beds, cut down dead stalks and cut back ornamental grasses before they push growth.
10) Cut back butterfly bush.