1) Check houseplants for insects. Take a thorough look at the leaves for any sticky residue, or any discoloration on the leaves from scale, mealy bugs and mites. Control with Insecticidal soap or a pyrethrum based pesticide.
2) Rotate houseplants a 1/4 turn each week and mist 2-3 timer per week.
3) Start feeding houseplants, weekly with a 10-15-10 fertilizer.
4) Prune Fruit Trees, if you have not already. Apply Horticultural Oil to control pre-emerging insects before the first sign of leaf growth appears.
5) March 17, time to plant your peas.
6) Plant cool season vegetables, like lettuce, cabbage, broccoli, spinach, and arugula.
7) Mulch strawberries with straw.
8) Dig and Divide perennials
9) Apply a pre-emergent herbicide, Step 1 to control crab grass.